Liberia’s vision to utilize ICT for economic development is driven by the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications as the policy arm of the Government of Liberia. However, the s upon which our national ICT vision is based are cross-cutting. They are about making commerce transparent and efficient, making health services more accessible, making education meet the needs of everyone, implementing e-Government standards and bringing about improved governance.
In keeping with the National ICT Policy, a Management Office (PMO) is to be established within the Department of Technical Services of the Ministry of Posts & Telecommunications to monitor, evaluate and supervise the implementation of s designated under the National ICT policy. The PMO shall, in consultation with various stakeholders, assign timelines to s across the telecommunications and the ICT Sector. The Policy calls for the PMO to be staffed with professionals with proven capacity in areas such as e-government, e-health, e-education and other e-services.2 The endorsement of the National Telecommunications and ICT Policy in June 2011 by the Government of Liberia set the stage for implementation.
Successful e-Government projects, every time.
The mission of the PMO is to provide e-Government program and project management leadership, expertise, experience, and training to teams for initiating, planning, and guiding implementations and completions.
Standardization & Support Coordination & Communication Mentorship & Guidance Provision of Tools & Resources Our Conduct We abide by the PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct in all of our professional interactions. This Code from the Project Management Institute outlines stringent standards in the areas of Responsibility, Respect, Fairness and Honesty.
Goals and Objectives
Goal 1: Coordinate the delivery of government services utilizing information and communication technologies such as telephone and internet.
- Coordinate in the design, development, and implementation of information systems to support Government agency.
Goal 2: Coordinate the development of an effective underlying infrastructure
- With key stakeholders, coordinate the implementation and management of the networks and tools required to facilitate collaboration among departments, and foster more effective service delivery.
Goal 3: Strengthen trust and security of Government-held information
- Ensure protection of privacy within online channels through the development of effective Internet security polices and standards
- Develop and implement standards and policies for securing Government information such as Data Storage, Data Integrity, Data Recovery, and Disaster Recovery policies
Goal 4: Foster Change Management
- Manage new processes/equipment which go hand in hand with the implementation of ICT Obj: Manage continuous training in IT so that skills are upgraded on an ongoing basis.
- Identifying change needs such as skills, organizational, behavioral and cultural.
Goal 5: Coordinate in the development of ICT skills in the public and private sector
- Conduct and coordinate workshops in key areas such as Business Process Analysis, Change Management, and Business Process Reengineering.